cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to make outgoing calls or receive incoming calls

The_special1
Tuning in

Hi, 

for 24 hours or more now i have been unable to make an outgoing call, it just stays blank, doesnt say failed or anything just looks like its going to call but never does, and i am unable to receive any calls, it calls the other end for people but nothing my end, any suggestions please? its driving me bonkers! 

12 REPLIES 12

KIB
Joining in

I'm experiencing the same problem. When trying to make call I'm getting the message 'Mobile network not available for voice calls'. Texts working OK. Are you getting this?

i don't get a message or anything just stays ticking over like its going to make the call but never actually does. Also unable to call my voicemail... 

Texts work ok but only iMessage when i am connected to WiFi

Can't even call the usual 150 for help. It's rediculous!

Good Morning @The_special1, thanks for your post on our Community Forums, and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to hear of the issues with calls on your mobile phone.

Can you please advise me if you have this problem in multiple locations?

Does this issue remain apparent when using Wi-Fi calling?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

thanks for the reply, 

this does happen in multiple locations, if i have wifi calls on it does work but no good if i want to leave the house 

Thanks for coming back to me @The_special1, can you please also advise me if you've been able to use the sim card in a different handset?

Also worth asking if this handset allows for duel sim, and if the other tray you can use will accommodate the services for you?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Any resolution to this problem? Still unable send or receive voice calls. Would help if Virgin provided a decent support service!

Hi @KIB, thanks for your post. 

I would advise that starting your own personal thread would be a more efficient way of gaining support from our Forum team, which is why the responses issued have been in reference to the original posters message.

However, can you're welcome to offer me an answer to the question I've asked the original poster.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Thanks David. I have been on the phone to Virgin and have a replacement sim on the way! 

It did work in another phone, then did in mine, then didn't again, so i'm hoping a new sim will resolve the issue in due course!