cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to make calls to texts from USA Repeat

TerryF
Tuning in

Hi 2 years ago I reported this problem whilst in the USA, I am back here and situation is the same in that I can’t make or receive calls or texts. This applies to both phones on my account. Did receive the welcome to USA message. I have done all the trouble shooting tips with no success. Any ideas please?

?

5 REPLIES 5

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Terry,

Thank you for for reaching out to us in our community and welcome back, sorry to hear your Phones aren't working while in the USA. what phones do you have?

What happens when you try to make a call, has anyone tried to call you since you arrived?

While you are there you can still keep in touch with your friends and family free while connected to WIFI Via WhatsApp and Facebook.

Once you do start making calls and Data as you are in the USA all are chargeable, you can find out more around the charges here?

Regards

Paul.

Hi I have a IPhone 12 and an IPhone 6s, neither work, just get 3 beeps when I try to make a call. The original problem is here:- https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Forum-Archive/Unable-to-make-calls-from-US/td-p/4131685

it’s a bit more serious than 2 years ago as internet banking and some purchases require TFA using text messages to my phone which I now can’t receive.

Terry

Hi Terry,

Thank you for confirming, have you tried everything from the previous post which was advised?

So I can do some further checks I am going to invite you into a private chat, I will send an invite shortly, please click on the purple envelope to accept? 

Regards

Paul.

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

As they are iPhones give this a try

• Select Settings from the Home Screen
  • Select Mobile Data
  • Select SIM Applications
  • Select Roaming
  • Select Select Mode
  • Select Manual
  • Select International

Change it back on return

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Enlli and thanks but no success.

Terry