cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to make calls on network

Charliehas
Joining in

Since changing my package at the beginning of February I have been unable to make any outgoing calls from my mobile. I can receive calls and send and receive text messages, but when making a call I just get a busy tone and the call ends. This even happens when trying to call my voicemail. I have been trying to get the problem resolved for 3 weeks now and nothing is working.

5 REPLIES 5

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Charliehas 

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first posts.

Sorry to hear you have been having ongoing issues when trying to make calls. We can understand the inconvenience caused and want to help. Does the issue occur in multiple places or just in a certain location? Have you been in contact with our team on 0345 454 1111 regarding this? If so, what was discussed? 

Thanks, 

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

It happens in multiple locations. I have spoken to the team and got told to try all the things I had tried before like resetting the network settings, and trying my SIM in another handset, but nothing has worked. I have been told they are sending a new SIM out but I don't have much faith that it will work. My current sim card was working perfectly fine until the day my package updated.

Thank you for letting me know @Charliehas 

Are you able to let me know when the order was placed for a new sim card? Also, is this issue happening when trying to call numbers from different networks?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

The sim card was ordered today. It is happening with any number that I try to call. Even my own voicemail or 789.

Thank you for letting us know @Charliehas 

In this case, the sim card will get to you in the next 3-5 working days. When received, please follow the following link https://www.virginmedia.com/help/mobile/activate-sim and let us know if the issue still persists. We will do our best to help from here if this happens.

Thanks, 

Akua_A
Forum Team