Menu
amsayer12
Joining in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Unable to hear me on phone call

Hi just wondering if anyone has had this problem since upgraded my sim when I ring my doctors they're unable to hear me and this is getting frustrating. Anyone else I call can hear me fine,any ideas
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to hear me on phone call

Hi Amsayer12,

Thank you for your post although I'm sorry to hear about the problems you've had calling this particular number. 

If you are able to call all other numbers OK this would indicate that this may be a problem on the receiving persons side. Have you tried calling this number from an alternate phone to see if you experience the same problems?

Thanks

Lucy

Virgin Media Forum Team

0 Kudos
amsayer12
Joining in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I've rang from another phone and had no problem. Thought it maybe landline but rang a virgin landline and had no problem. I really need this sorted as it's my doctors and only just came out of hospital. Ant other ideas please
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi amsayer12,

Could you let us know if you have this same issue if you ring a BT landline (or any provider other than Virgin Media)? Also, have you noticed the same problem calling other mobiles?

If you are still having the same issue please try this:

• Switch handset to 2G only
  • Manual network search and choose any other network except Virgin or EE e.g., O2, Vodafone etc. (will tell you unable to connect or show no service)
  • Then manually search again and choose Virgin.
  • Set back to 4G
  • Reboot and test to see if this is all working now

Please let me know how this goes.

Kind Regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Running out of data? Check out our top Mobile data tips

0 Kudos
amsayer12
Joining in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I rang a virgin landline ok and mobiles on other networks but I'll give this a try and get back to you
0 Kudos
amsayer12
Joining in
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Tried that and they still can't hear me what now????

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Daniel_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Are they having issues when they call other people or just when they call you amsayer12?

Thanks,

Daniel_G - Forum Team

Need help swapping your SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM here. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
amsayer12
Joining in
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

It's when I call the doctors they can't hear me 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi amsayer12,

Have you found a resolve to this yet?

My wife is having the exact same problem. Calls to all other numbers are fine, if the surgery calls her back, that's fine. But if she calls the surgery they are unable to hear her.

I've tried resetting her phone, refreshing the network, using the SIM in a different phone. Nothing made any difference.

Then whilst swapping the SIM, I tried it once more in a really old phone... It worked, the surgery could hear the call.

This prompted me to place the SIM back in her own phone and manually select 2G network. The call went through fine and the doctor can hear her.

Obviously this is not a solution for anyone who needs 3/4G but after recent experiences with VM customer services I'm not prepared to spend hours on the phone trying to resolve yet another problem with these new SIM's.

Just curious if this works for you if not already resolved.

Regards,

AlexKid :-)

Superuser1718.png
0 Kudos
amsayer12
Joining in
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Haven't tried it in another phone but did the reset as shown on my thread and didn't work but I'll may try to change my phone to 2g and then try

0 Kudos