cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to get rid of voicemail notification on Android 10

Shaun4
Tuning in

I keep getting a voicemail notification for my Virgin Mobile number every time I turn on my phone although there are currently no messages in my mailbox when I call voicemail. I have tried clearing the data in the Phone app but I still get the notification when I restart my phone. This is making me think this might be a service related issue as I have ignored some voicemails recently.

My handset is a Motorola One running Android 10, which does not have the option to turn off or permanently delete voicemail notifications, and I install the latest updates when they become available.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

when I had this issue I left myself a new message and then deleted it and the notification went away

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

when I had this issue I left myself a new message and then deleted it and the notification went away

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thank you it worked.

NeilG_UK
Tuning in

When I review and delete my voicemails, if i do this on WIFI Calling, the Android Notification icon never clears.

Workaround is to call myself from landline and leave a message then disable wifi calling and delete then it works.

Really annoying as my house in North Leeds has really bad signal so I have to rely on wifi calling!!!!

Hi NeilG_UK,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about the issue with your Voicemail issue. 

I have been able to locate your account. To confirm when you listen to your voicemails do you save or delete them?

^Martin

delete! as they are usually scammer [REMOVED] anyhow!

[MOD EDIT: Inappropriate language removed, please review the Forum Guidelines]

Thank you for that. Do you currently have any voicemails you can try the save options to see if the notification stays after it?

^Martin