cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to forward scam text to 7726

Davdt
On our wavelength

I received scam text and tried to forward to 7726 but said unable to send . Haven’t had this problem with previous provider EE . Is this specific to virgin mobile ? 

15 REPLIES 15

Corey_C

Sorry to hear that, Davdt, what error message do you get when try to send?

Cheers,

Corey C

Davdt
On our wavelength

It was just showing progress bar and then would time out saying unable to send. It gave option to ta exclamation and try again but repeatedly failing. There was an issue with my phone number changing on my account and also I took my spending cap outside my plan from £0 to £3 not sure if this made a difference but randomly must have automatically sent few days later  as had response saying received.

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for confirming this information @Davdt.

I am sorry for all of that, looks like there might of been a delay with the message reaching us.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

I am unable to send to 7726 to report a sms message

I received an SMS from +447305378313 MyHermes: Hi there, please reschedule your delivery immediately at https://hermes.online-tracking-reschedule.com before your item is returned to sender.

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community Forums, Shaun_a_bell,

What happens when you try to send the SMS to 7726?

Cheers,

Corey C

I just see the red exclamation mark, Sending failed - resend - delete message - edit message

if I try resend I get same result.

Cheers, I'll get this passed on to the relevant teams for you.

Thanks,

Corey C

I am not a Virgin customer but find it impossible to contact virgin to report phishing texts. I need to report a virgin mobile number which is sending phishing texts, I'd like to have Virgin block the user report them to the Police

Anyone have a link or a number where I can report this abuse?

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@andyhallme wrote:

I am not a Virgin customer but find it impossible to contact virgin to report phishing texts. I need to report a virgin mobile number which is sending phishing texts, I'd like to have Virgin block the user report them to the Police

Anyone have a link or a number where I can report this abuse?

The number is almost certainly not on Virgin. These people use software to spoof what are official numbers. That's why using the shortcode number to report helps as it is sometimes possible to trace the real number.

If it is one number block it

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks