cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to access Google play store

Bogdan3
On our wavelength

Due to a fault on my LG Joy mobile I am unable to access the Google play store so cannot update my Whatsapp account which expired recently. To use Whatsapp on my computer I need to link it to my phone which is currently impossible! If I click on the play store link all I get is a menu with several options, none of which lets me access the play store. I'm worried that if I try and reset my phone to factory settings I will lose all my contacts and photos etc etc. As a footnote Virgin says my  LG Joy is not supported now. Anyone got any ideas please.I am at my wits end.

31 REPLIES 31

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Bogdan3,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your first post and I'm very sorry to hear that you're having some issues with accessing the Google Play Store. We can understand how frustrating this can be.

Can you tell us if you purchased your mobile phone through Virgin Media, or through a third party company? What mobile fault are you experiencing?

Have you tried rebooting your mobile phone to see if this can help resolve this issue? 

Please let us know so that we can assist further. 

Thanks! 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Check the country settings of your phone and play store to make sure they are both set to UK

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Bogdan3
On our wavelength

This is all I get when trying to access play storeThis is all I get when trying to access play store

Bogdan3
On our wavelength
Hi Paulina. I have posted a photo showing what I get when clicking on the play store. Regarding your questions, I bought the phone from a local virgin shop which sadly no longer exists! If by rebooting you mean turning the phone off then yes I do every night.

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the reply and for confirming this, Bogdan3.
Sorry to see you've rebooted the device but this hasn't fixed the issue.

Could you please tell us if you've reached out to google support regarding this at all?
Also, can you share your handset model and make so we can look this up and advise more?

Let us know, cheers.

Adri
Forum Team

Bogdan3
On our wavelength

Hi there,

My phone is an LG Joy purchased May 2016.

Haven't contacted Google yet, thought I'd try you folks first.

Thank's for all the replies so far.

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for advising more, Bogdan3.

Please, try following the below steps:

Clear Data/Cache

From the Home screen, tap Apps > Settings > Apps (may be found under General Tab).

Swipe from right to left until you reach the All tab.

Tap Google Play Services to view the App info.

Tap Clear data and Clear cache to reset the application.

Restart your device.

Reset Clock

From the Home screen, tap Apps > Settings > Date & Time (may be found under General Tab).

If not already checkmarked; tap Auto-date & Time and Auto-time zone. If checkmarked, un-check, manually change the date and time randomly, then re-checkmark each to reset the date and time.

Restart your device.

Also, it would be worth to check with Google Support in case this is on their end as we've had cases where the App was causing the error.

Tell us here if this has helped at all, we'll be eager to assist further where needed.

Adri
Forum Team

Bogdan3
On our wavelength
Thanks for your advice. Will have to leave trying them out till tomorrow as I have visitors arriving shortly.
Help much appreciated

Gerald

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

No problems, Bogdan3.

Please, do this at a time of your convenience.
Once you get back here with a new post we'll be able to follow up and help where needed.

Best regards and have a lovely evening.

Adri
Forum Team