cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ultimate Oomph SIM - when will I get 5g?

simon69c
On our wavelength

I’ve been on Ultimate Oomph for about a year now I think but despite having a 5G capable phone (iPhone 13 Pro) I am still stuck on 4G only. Checking the carrier selection I see Vodafone as an option so I am still on the EE side by the look of things. I did call CS a few weeks back and they sent out a replacement SIM but hasn’t changed anything - I’m still on EE/4G. Anyone know the latest on when we are due to be migrated to Vodafone and be 5G-capable? I thought it was supposed to be by the end of the year.

37 REPLIES 37

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Was it worth the wait?

Rankrotten
On our wavelength

Not really but will take it as it's free.

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

This is what I get on Vodafone when I go for a hospital appointment in town.

That said its usually at the 200 mark in other locations 

Screenshot_20210921-121455_Speedtest.jpg

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi @Rankrotten thanks for coming back to us.

Sorry, when you say "unsupported device" do you mean we've classified your phone as unsupported or purchased via a 3rd party?  Or do you mean your device isn't supposed to support 5G?  I'm thinking it's the first, but I have to check, sorry.

Regards

Lee_R

Rankrotten
On our wavelength

Yes it's a 5G capable device which Virgin media don't sell but can be purchased unlocked. All working ok now.

Thanks for the update @Rankrotten, we're pleased to hear this is now all working for you

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

I got my 5G a few weeks ago too. All working fine on my iPhone 13 not purchased via VM.

Hi Blackberryipod,

Thank you for reaching back out and for the update, glad to hear you now have 5G up and running, if you do need any further support, please do not hesitate to reach back out.

Regards

Paul.