Menu
Highlighted
shawty1984
Rising star
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Ultimate Oomph + PAYG sim

Just upgraded from VIP to Ultimate Oomph bundle which includes an unlimited sim which we are waiting to be sent out. We already have a PAYG sim which we are wanting to keep the number of. I've read various things on this. Is it possible to keep the PAYG number when the ultimate oomph unlimited sim card turns up? 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ultimate Oomph + PAYG sim

Yes but it's a bit convoluted, you can't do a PAC code transfer to the same company, you need to get a PAYG sim for for example from O2 then transfer the number then do another transfer back to Virgin, this is the same for all mobile companies

0 Kudos
shawty1984
Rising star
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@dannylau wrote:

Yes but it's a bit convoluted, you can't do a PAC code transfer to the same company, you need to get a PAYG sim for for example from O2 then transfer the number then do another transfer back to Virgin, this is the same for all mobile companies

See this is were I've heard different. My sister works in a phone shop and she believes but isn't certain that a PAYG to contract swap is fine were as a contract to contract isn't. I've also been back on the phone and tried with difficulty to be put through to the dedicated support team for ultimate oomph bundle and after finally getting through they said it was possible. But I did read something on this forum which says you can do what you said or upgrade the PAYG sim we already have. 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Obviously I'm not a virgin spokesman, it is almost certainly possible to change your PAYG sim to a contract one, but as the sim issued for the VVIP might be a different kettle of fish as the number will already be issued where as swapping between PAYG and contract is merely swapping your terms, but i could be wrong

0 Kudos
teabag
Superstar
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Believe what could have happened, your PAYG could have been changed to a pay monthly - then merged into your Oomph bundle.

But as it is now, the you have two mobile accounts - a PAYG and a pay monthly, a PAC can not be used between two internal accounts on any network, so only see option of PAC out to another network - then back to your new pay monthly SIM.

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only x2. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
shawty1984
Rising star
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@dannylau wrote:

Obviously I'm not a virgin spokesman, it is almost certainly possible to change your PAYG sim to a contract one, but as the sim issued for the VVIP might be a different kettle of fish as the number will already be issued where as swapping between PAYG and contract is merely swapping your terms, but i could be wrong

I'll just have to wait till the sim comes unless someone from Virgin comes along to sort it. I don't want to be using a new number if it's possible to keep the old number. 

0 Kudos
shawty1984
Rising star
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@teabag wrote:

Believe what could have happened, your PAYG could have been changed to a pay monthly - then merged into your Oomph bundle.

But as it is now, the you have two mobile accounts - a PAYG and a pay monthly, a PAC can not be used between two internal accounts on any network, so only see option of PAC out to another network - then back to your new pay monthly SIM.

I've been told otherwise by the dedicated support team for the ultimate oomph bundle. If what you are saying is true then can they cancel the sim when it arrives so the PAYG sim can be upgraded? 

Plus you would always need two accounts anyway. PAYG which is the current account and the upgrade from VIP to ultimate Oomph bundle which then creates the second account, so surely the number is still transferable? 

0 Kudos
shawty1984
Rising star
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@shawty1984 wrote:

@teabag wrote:

I've been told otherwise by the dedicated support team for the ultimate oomph bundle. If what you are saying is true then can they cancel the sim when it arrives so the PAYG sim can be upgraded? 

Plus you would always need two accounts anyway. PAYG which is the current account and the upgrade from VIP to ultimate Oomph bundle which then creates the second account, so surely the number is still transferable? 

Looks like I've got it sorted. We'll see over the next few days. 

0 Kudos