cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UK call centre closed?

AngryCustomer91
On our wavelength

Just been told by off-shore call centre that there are no UK based call centre staff anymore.

is that correct?

Bad move by Virgin if true

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @AngryCustomer91,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on the forums.

Thats not true, you have been misinformed, we do have both UK and offshore call centre teams, any call into the team routes to the next possible agent may that be in the UK or one of our partner sites.

Regards,

Steven_L

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There are some UK call centre staff, but most stuff is handled offshore and has been for years.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @AngryCustomer91,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on the forums.

Thats not true, you have been misinformed, we do have both UK and offshore call centre teams, any call into the team routes to the next possible agent may that be in the UK or one of our partner sites.

Regards,

Steven_L

AngryCustomer91
On our wavelength

Just been told the same thing again. They insist there is no UK call centre (and hang up often!)

Hi there, as previously advised, we have both on and off shore call centres ^GT

Maybe someone should tell your offshore teams!

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Offshore teams are noted for miss information.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Thank you for your feedback ^GT

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Also, by asking an offshore agent for UK contact details, you're effectively telling them you want to speak to someone else.

It may be in their script to advise there's no such thing - and I'd have some sympathy with that if so. If VM's policy is to have both onshore & offshore agents, then their scripts & processes will reflect that.

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi AngryCustomer91, 

As mentioned previously by my colleague, we do indeed have UK contact centres who take calls from our customers. 

What you may have been told is that there is no direct UK line which is true. When you call us and select the relevant options for the department you require, you are routed through to the next available agent so your call is answered as quickly as possible. 

I can see that you're currently speaking with another colleague regarding a SIM issue. If you are having any other issues and need help, feel free to post about them here and we will do what we can to help support you. There are some things we're not able to help with such as package changes but for the most, we are able to support. 

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs