cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Travel

Phagie
Joining in

Just returned from tenerife, only had emergency calls only. Data roaming on and could not connect accept in hotel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Phagie,

Welcome back, thanks for posting.

I am sorry to see that this has happened.

Is everything working for you now you are back in the UK? 

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

13 REPLIES 13

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Phagie,

Welcome back, thanks for posting.

I am sorry to see that this has happened.

Is everything working for you now you are back in the UK? 

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Phagie
Joining in

I have just returned from Spain for the 2nd time this year. Followed all the roaming abroad instruction, and yet again could only sign in to hotel wifi and was only allowed to make emergency calls. Asked other virgin mobile customers and were all having the same problems. Any advice?

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

Phagie
Joining in

Yes everything is working now, but the point is it always happens abroad. 

Thanks for coming back to us @Phagie, think there's been some confusion over your posts, as it appears you've started a new thread, when you were best of responding to the thread you started in February.

Before you next go abroad, please ensure roaming is switched on, via your self-care account, as well as on your handset.

If you need any further assistance with this, feel free to come back to this thread

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Phagie
Joining in

You didn't read the message. I did everything I.e roaming abroad and call barring. Not just me 6 friend on virgin in Spain had the same problem

Thanks for coming back to me, please utilise the reply option below, instead of starting a new thread for me - looks like you maybe deleting the "Re:" part of the title perhaps?

If this has effected multiple users, and they have all done what's required to have roaming working, it may be a case of a mast in the local area that's not functioning as it should

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Same thing happened twice 1st in tenerife then in benidorm. So unlikely to be a mast problem

Hi @Phagie

Sorry to hear that the roaming issue you experienced has happened again. Can you confirm that your mobile is working okay and workings as usual now that you are back in the UK? 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

All ok now