Menu
alys1997
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Transferring old number to Virgin

I recently joined Virgin and supplied my PAC code in order to transfer my old number to my new phone.

I received a text from Virgin over 24 hours ago saying that this has been completed. Although I am able to call people, my old phone is still active and when I receive calls they go through to my old phone. Can anyone help?

0 Kudos
Enceladus1
Superfast
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Transferring old number to Virgin

I understand you to mean that you have a new phone? And a new Virgin SIM? Your old SIM was on some other network and you ported the number to Virgin?

When you make a call from your new handset what number does the recipient see? Is it the number you ported or is it the temporary Virgin number?

This might be as simple as power off both phones and leave them off for 15 mins or so. Then power on the new phone with the new Virgin SIM and see does it work. If not you will have to phone 789 and explain the issue, an incomplete port. You'll probably be told it will be fixed within 24 hours. Be calm but persistent, insist on a fix. And best of luck, you'll need it.

0 Kudos
alys1997
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I have a new phone and SIM with virgin. When I call someone from my new phone they see my number which has been ported, however, when they call me it goes through to my old phone with my old network.

I have explained this to virgin 3 times and there is still no improvement. I had a text to say the number had been ported over 24 hours ago. 

0 Kudos
Enceladus1
Superfast
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Have you tried powering off both phones as I suggested. Wait 15 mins and then power the new Virgin one back on?

What have Virgin said about the failed port?

0 Kudos
alys1997
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I tried that 😞

Virgin told me to wait again although it’s been 24hours they said it might work later. They’re just really unhelpful. Has this happened to you before?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi alys1997,

Welcome to the community and thanks for messaging us.

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues receiving calls even though the port has completed. I can appreciate you're keen to get this fixed.

What date was the port due to complete? It can take up until midnight on the day of the port to fully complete and transfer over.

If you would like for me to look into this, I will need to take more details. I will send you a private message requesting more information so that I can assist with this issue. Just click on the envelope icon at the top of this page.

Thanks

0 Kudos