Menu
edincol
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Transferring Number to VirginMobile

Hi,

My old O2 mobile number has now switched off, however, the number has not yet fed through to my new Virgin SIM as yet.

New VirginMobile SIM has been in the phone for around 2 hours.

Message on phone states 'Network locked SIM card inserted' and requests a 'SIM network unlock PIN' to unlock or dismiss.

Question is - how long should the transfer take, and is there any other information I require with regard to the SIM card (I wasn't given any additional codes).

Any help gratefully received.

Thanks, Col.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Transferring Number to VirginMobile

Sounds like your phone is locked to a network and needs unlocking

Where was it purchased and on what network 

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Highlighted
edincol
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thats what it turned out to be, didn't know phones could come locked to a specific network when bought outright. All sorted now.
Thanks, Col.
0 Kudos
Braderz
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I have just bought a pay monthly sim and come from o2 pay as u go I received a Pac code and rang virgin helpline to transfer me the number but said there was an error the Pac number was Correct and so was the number I wanted to transfer over.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello Braderz

Thanks for getting in touch via the forum and welcome to the community. Apologies for the confusion but when you spoke to the team did they advise the PAC code was correct or incorrect?

We did have some issue with processing PAC codes earlier in the week but if this is something you still want processing I'm happy to look into this further for you.

Rob

0 Kudos