cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfering from Vodafone to Ulitmate Omph SIM

TangoTango27
On our wavelength

I've had an unused Ultimate Omph SIM sitting in my drawer for several months now while I am still paying Vodafone for my iPhone XR and monthly plan - which is crazy!  So I'm going to cancel my Vodafone account and pay the outstanding amount so that I can use my Ultimate Omph SIM in my (unlocked) Vodafone iPhone XR.

So my question is - do I just need to get the PAC code from vodafone and then contact Virgin to get the number transfered to my Ultimate Omph SIM even though it's been sitting in a drawer unused for months?

Thanks in advance!

Paul

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You can PAC in anytime, so that's not a problem.

However, as the SIM has not been used I suggest firing it up to check it still works and does not need replacing 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You can PAC in anytime, so that's not a problem.

However, as the SIM has not been used I suggest firing it up to check it still works and does not need replacing 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @TangoTango27,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

As @enlli has advised, provided you have the PAC from your previous provider you can port the number across to us. The PAC will remain active for 30 days once its generated, so as long as it's actioned within that timeframe you should be fine.

If you have any issues with your Virgin Mobile SIM card do let us know.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!