Menu
hismum
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Transfer of Ownership / Keep Number?

Hello,

We have a single account with three numbers on it.  Mine, my husbands, and my son's.  I pay the bill monthly and they all have slightly different contracts.  I want to add my daughter's phone to the group and transfer it from PAYG to a monthly contract, keeping the number (as I did with my son).  The operator I spoke to told me that it was not possible to do this any more as it is now against OFCOM rules.  Please can someone who knows advise - she was not terribly polite, and I have had trouble with the first line of support before, so would like someone more knowledgeable to comment.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Transfer of Ownership / Keep Number?

what you have been told may or may not be true - in truth i have no idea - not everything stated by the agents is true - sometimes they make it up as they go on for whatever reason

it can also depend on who you spoke to - they in many instances want to help but dont seem to get it right

try again - 789 from one of the phones - make sure your daughter is there as they may want to speak to her to access the account and the key [to me] is speak to retentions - thinking of leaving us - will still be offshore but make sure you get them - they always seem better and will try to sort most problems

Tony
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Transfer of Ownership / Keep Number?

Hi hismum,

Thanks for your first post and welcome to our forums page.

We can absolutely transfer the number into your name on a pay as you go basis. However, if you wanted the number on a pay monthly basis with or without a handset) this would depend on credit checks carried out as this would give you a credit class and identify the amount of contracts we can give you in your name. 

I have dropped you a PM so we can look into this in more detail. If you can pop me over the details requested, I will be more than happy to help.

Regards

Lindsey_C Forums Team

0 Kudos