cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer a number from Virgin Mobile to Virgin Mobile

l-reading
Joining in

I have a family member who can't get a contract in their own name because they won't pass the credit check (despite a good credit score). They have been advised for a family member (me) to take out the contract for them. They are currently with Virgin Media.

And so they requested a PAC code and we went about setting up their order, only to find out that a PAC code can't be used to transfer a mobile number from Virgin Mobile to Virgin Mobile. I remember reading somewhere that it's possible to complete the transfer but without using a PAC code, but can't recall or find where I read it.

Is it possible to transfer a number from a Virgin Mobile Account to a different Virgin Mobile Account on an additional line?
If it is possible, what would be the steps needed to complete the transfer?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums @I-reading, and a very warm welcome to you!

I'd have to confirm that it's not possible for us to port from one Virgin Mobile sim to another Virgin Mobile sim.

The best thing to do in this situation would be to obtain a pay as you go sim from a third party provider and port the Virgin Mobile number to that service.

Once this is completed, request a PAC code from the third party provider and return to us here at Virgin Mobile to transfer the number into the already established sim agreement.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums @I-reading, and a very warm welcome to you!

I'd have to confirm that it's not possible for us to port from one Virgin Mobile sim to another Virgin Mobile sim.

The best thing to do in this situation would be to obtain a pay as you go sim from a third party provider and port the Virgin Mobile number to that service.

Once this is completed, request a PAC code from the third party provider and return to us here at Virgin Mobile to transfer the number into the already established sim agreement.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Whilst it's not the simplest solution it's one we're going to go with.

My family member is going to order a PAYG sim to port the number there and then back to the new line. Can I just confirm whether I am able to apply the new PAC to the line after the order has been placed and the handset received? That way I can order it ahead of time whilst the Pac codes are being sorted out

Thanks for coming back to me @I-reading.

Yes, the Virgin Mobile account you would want to port into has to be active so feel free to process the order with our Sales Team, or online and once the sale is completed and the account active, the PAC code from the third party supplier can be requested from them directly and we will then be able to process the porting of the phone number to Virgin Mobile.

However, as a heads up, we can only process the port with the account holder for the Virgin Mobile services, and not a third party to the account.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Just to clarify, I can apply a PAC code to the account line after the order has been placed and the handset delivered. But, can this by done online through the account page, or does it have to be done via a customer service representative?

It can be done online via this section of the self-care account.

However, you're welcome to return to our Community Forums, and we'll be able to process this for the account holder of the services via our private messaging function.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn