Menu
zayfe
Joining in
Message 1 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Totally Unlimited including tethering - roaming

When I called customer services about the new totally unlimited everything plan including tethering for £25 a month, I asked for confirmation of the fair use policy and was advised that the plan has no restrictions at all. Great.  I then asked about using the SIM overseas in "at home" countries and was told that the plan would be the same: no restrictions on using the internet and no restrictions on tethering either.  The Virgin T&C's didn't state this when they were read down the phone to me so I queried it.  As I say, I was advised that in "at home" locations, I would have unlimited internet and would be able to tether too. Does anyone know if this is correct as the FUP still shows that internet is limited and there is no mention about "at home" tethering?  http://store.virginmedia.com/the-legal-stuff/our-service.html#11c

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Re: Totally Unlimited including tethering - roaming

If its any help my reading of the current TOS/AUP is that a 3GB limit will apply in "at home" locations.

VM dont have a great track record on "unlimited" packages...

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
teabag
Superstar
Message 3 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Oh dear

Loads of say anything for a sale !!

Tethering is a NO

Using the new FUP calculator, your roam like home is 8.22Gb

https://store.virginmedia.com/FUP-Calculator.html

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
King_of_bones
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Apparently the FUP and no tethering doesnt apply to the truelly unlimited package.

I have asked 3 advisers who confirmed with me as well this article from virgin.

http://www.virginmedia.com/corporate/media-centre/press-releases/virgin-mobile-launches-the-uks-firs...

teabag
Superstar
Message 5 of 19
Flag for a moderator

That link is a interesting read 🙂

I read that tethering is ok, at least in the UK?.

I don't see anything about that it includes unlimited data abroad though?, also looking at the T&C's it says

"Unlimited Data/ Minutes/ Texts for cable customers:Unlimited plan is for Virgin TV, fibre or home phone customers only, includes unlimited data, and unlimited minutes and texts allowance to inclusive UK numbers for as long as you remain a Virgin TV, fibre or home phone customer. Includes UK calls to UK landlines (01, 02, 03) & UK mobile networks. Jersey, Guernsey and Isle of Man mobiles excluded. UK texts and data only. Acceptable use policy applies."

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 19
Flag for a moderator

I hope there isn't unlimited data with tethering ---- experience tells me that when that happens the network is brought to its knees by a handful of individuals.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Use Kudos to say thanks

Magic_M
Superfast
Message 7 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Has the linked article been updated? I've just read "Notes to editors:...Truly Unlimited is the UK’s only unlimited plan with no tethering, throttling, speed restrictions or caps. Priced at £25 a month Truly Unlimited is cheaper than competing plans, which due to restrictions limit customer’s use and offer less value."

It's not formatted very well so it can be read different ways but to me it says (together with the content of the article): no tethering, no throttling, no speed restrictions, no caps.

Or am I just reading it wrong? 

0 Kudos
teabag
Superstar
Message 8 of 19
Flag for a moderator

@Magic_Mwrote:

Has the linked article been updated? I've just read "Notes to editors:...Truly Unlimited is the UK’s only unlimited plan with no tethering, throttling, speed restrictions or caps. Priced at £25 a month Truly Unlimited is cheaper than competing plans, which due to restrictions limit customer’s use and offer less value."

It's not formatted very well so it can be read different ways but to me it says (together with the content of the article): no tethering, no throttling, no speed restrictions, no caps.

Or am I just reading it wrong? 

The more times you read it, the more it confuses you. lol

Maybe @BenMCR could give us clear answers quicker than waiting for one of the Forum Team to come along?

0 Kudos
thelion
Dialled in
Message 9 of 19
Flag for a moderator

That was one of the reasons Three got rid of the one plan when you read how much data some where using you think have they got no life or are they illegally downloading

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 19
Flag for a moderator

@thelionwrote:

That was one of the reasons Three got rid of the one plan when you read how much data some where using you think have they got no life or are they illegally downloading

Three still do an unlimited data at £30 but tethering is limited to 30GB People were using them rather than home broadband and swamping Cell Sites

Use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos