Menu
Paulaz
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Topping up hassle

Whenever I attempt to top up the credit on my pay-as-you-go Virgin mobile phone, using my (verified) bank debit card, I receive an automated message informing me that Virgin are "currently experiencing problems" and I should "try again later".

This situation usually continues for 2 or 3 days of repeated attempts to top up. So in order to get the payment accepted in the shortest possible time, I have to go through the tedious process of contacting the customer service team (which can only be done during their 'office hours' - which are not necessarily convenient for me, personally).

I'd be really interested to know what thiese "problems" are; why they occur so frequently; and why it takes so long for Virgin staff to remedy them.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Topping up hassle

Hi Paulaz,

Thanks for your post and welcome to our forums page.

Very sorry to hear you are having issues when you are trying to top up. Can you let me know how you are trying to do the top up initially? Are you using your online account or are you doing it on our automated phone system?

I can also see from your other posts that you are having issues with your phone asking for a 'network key'. Did you buy the handset you are using with your Virgin SIM from Virgin originally?

Thanks

Lindsey_C

0 Kudos
Paulaz
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lindsey - Well I was using the automated phone system ... but since then Virgin have effectively rendered my phone completely useless so I'm not topping up at all!

The situation is very frustrating.

My old (original) sim card has been deactivated and the new one requires a "Network Key" to become activated - but according to Virgin staff, a "Network Key" doesn't exist! Ideally I'd ike to have the phone unlocked now rather than persist with this situation - I'd like to switch to a different provider; and I'm even prepared to lose the credit on my Virgin phone in order to accomplish that.

0 Kudos
Paulaz
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Yes, the phone was purchased as a gift for me and it included the original Virgin sim card. It was quite a long time ago.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for confirming those details for me Paulaz.

I would like to take a look into this further for you, to be able to do this I will need some more details from you. I'll drop you a PM asking for the details I would need, if you can reply to that message, I will be more than happy to help.

Thanks

Lindsey_C

0 Kudos