cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tidying up my 2 mobile accounts

KevWW
On our wavelength

Hi,

Could a member of the VM team help with tidying up my 2 mobile accounts please.

I have 2 accounts :

1) uses my current email address and has an old VM nr that I don't use anymore, it's been ported to Three.

2) has been set up for me automatically when I took out a new mobile contract recently. VM have set this up using an email address that I very rarely use. I can't understand why this is still anywhere on my account, it's not even a virgin email address 🙂

I can explain the detail in a private message to a member of the VM staff. In summary what I'm wanting to do :

a) Change the account for my new virgin mobile nr to use my current email address. It won't let me do this because it says the email address is already in use on another account, which is true.

I've tried adding my new mobile nr to the account that uses my current email address, but it says I can only add a PAYG mobile nr, again this makes sense. But my new virgin mobile nr is a monthly contract, not a PAYG.

b) Delete the mobile account that references my old email address.

Many thanks,

Kev.

2 REPLIES 2

KevWW
On our wavelength

Hi,

Has a member of the VM team had chance to look at this please.

Kind Regards 

Kev

KevWW
On our wavelength

Now fixed.

Thanks VM staff - I've also made a suggestion to make things easier : allow contact centre staff the ability to delete a mobile account by selecting an email address.

At the moment they need a mobile nr. For some bizarre reason, since I made my first post, my current email address had been associated with a very old mobile nr (different to the one I saw previously) that hasn't been used in several years, but the contact nr on this account had been changed to my new mobile number - confused - so am I 🙂

Maybe a member of VM staff had seen this thread and had a go at fixing it - if so thanks for trying - I know how difficult these things can be 🙂

Once I had looked up this old nr, I was able to give it to the contact centre staff to delete the account. Would have been much easier to ask them to delete all accounts associated with a given email address.

Peace all 

Kev.