cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The importance of Notes on an account - bad situation made worse

DABhand
Super solver

So back in April, I stopped my tariff without realising that PAYG was gone and it would stop my tariff fully. I requested a PAC code back then, but never heard anything for over a month - I was not in the best of health at the time - I recently lost my voice permanently.

So been working with a few agents as unable to call, asking questions about the PAC code etc. I decided to get a new tariff and keep my number as I will be returning to work working on Social Media and Emails on the 18th of this Month.

So on Wednesday night I ordered a tariff, but nothing about a Sim being sent out, so that led me back to asking an agent when a Sim is being sent out, to which I was informed that there was a migration to O2 (why I have no idea) and they would try to activate my current Sim - which didn't work as apparently the serial number on it doesn't match what they have. So was advised to wait today for that migration to go through and have a Sim finally ordered. What an actual mess.

So today I logged in to see a reply in my PMs, it was an agent I haven't dealt with for a long time, who decided to not read account notes or there was no account notes and to continue with the last message I sent to him, and then has arranged for a PAC code and to deactivate my tariff.

So on my account it is "Sorry that you are leaving us"... I am not... I JUST WANT A GOD DAMN SIM....

As you can imagine I am absolutely furious, there has been very little decent communication from ordering this tariff with little to no information on why a migration was happening, I had to find that out myself.

Seriously.... how does it get to this point?

Majide!
5 REPLIES 5

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey DABhand, thank you for reaching out and I am so sorry to hear about your recent experience.

I can see you have been in a PM with my colleague who has advised you on this and the next steps.

Please do keep us updated on this next week. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

So got my new Sim, which was finally sent out yesterday... the kicker it doesn't work... doesn't ask for a pin, hasn't connected to any network... only allowed to use emergency calls.

So it seems the Sim is absolutely useless. So what now? Try some devil worshipping - sell my soul to lucifer to get it working? Because this whole process has not been good at all.

Majide!

After 1hr it decided to finally activate....and finally started getting texts. So no need for a PM or further help.

Majide!

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @DABhand,

I'm glad to hear you've received the SIM, but I'm sorry that the it isn't working. Once you've got the SIM in the handset, can you please try a quick reboot and check to see if you can send a text, or make a call?

This will refresh the network both on the device and on our end.

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @DABhand,

Looks like we posted at the same time. Glad to hear things are now up and running, apologies for the delay in the activation.

If you need anything else, feel free to let us know and we'll be happy to assist.

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ