Menu
Ibelly372
Joining in
Message 21 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Re: Texting Australia

I only get the exclamation mark saying message is not sent, my other half got error message 28 I think it was. We have gone through all the recommendations made by customer service, unfortunately nothing has worked. We can receive but cannot send. I could before moving over to Virgin, and I was with EE. My other half has been with Virgin for a while now and had always been able to send and receive messages until her recent upgrade and hasn't been able to send anything to Australia ever since. All other text messaging is ok, just not to family in Australia. 

0 Kudos
Lynn4
Joining in
Message 22 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ryan, my reply is the same as ibelly - same for my mum and dad too. So that's at least 5 Virgin customers all different phone and some 3G some 4G. Very frustrating. Especially when for some of us it's our only means of communicating with overseas relatives. Has been about three weeks. Anything happen to the network around then??
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 23 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ibelly372,

Thanks for coming back with that, I will need to have a closer look at this to see what's going on. I will pop you over a private message asking for some details just keep an eye out for the purple envelope. 

Also Lynn4, I'm sure you can appreciate that I don't have a work around yet as I've not got any details. As soon as I have, I will update you. 

Cheers. 

Ryan_N - Forum Team
Lynn4
Joining in
Message 24 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Ryan. Just to add - have just got a message from my Dad - his phone says "cannot send phone number incorrectly formatted". He's replying to the message sent from my sister. We are able to receive messages fine. Hope you're able to solve the mystery - good luck!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 25 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Not a problem. 

I will send you a private message also to look into this. 

Cheers. 

Ryan_N - Forum Team
0 Kudos