Menu
Nicky11
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Text

Why have I received a text asking if I want to keep my trusty old number. I have NOT requested a PAC code from you.

Bob0001
Tuning in
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Text

Snap. Exactly the same thing happened to me about 75 minutes ago; it sound like the same message.
I've been a mobile customer for a couple of months and I've no intention of leaving. I transferred my old mobile number across when I move to Virgin mobile so I don't need to do it again. Is this a system glitch or a hacking attempt?
0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nicky11 and Bob0001,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

What number did this message come from please?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Bob0001
Tuning in
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

It just says "VirginMedia". All my attempts to find an actual number don't seem to work. Sometimes I despair of Apple and their "user friendly" designs 😉
0 Kudos
teabag
Hero
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

@Bob0001 wrote:
It just says "VirginMedia". All my attempts to find an actual number don't seem to work. Sometimes I despair of Apple and their "user friendly" designs 😉

You won't find the number used with Android either

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
Bob0001
Tuning in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Well, at least that makes me feel a little less stupid for not being able to find it...
0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Bob0001 & Nicky11,

Do you both have screenshots of the texts you received that you could post here please? That would be really helpful.

Thanks,

Beth

0 Kudos
Bob0001
Tuning in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Here is a screenshot from my iPhone:

trusty.jpeg

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Cheers for the screenshot Bob001. That text is a genuine one.

I have checked this through with some of colleagues and it's just a new standard text asking if customers would like to bring their old number over to us. The text isn't triggered by anything and has just been sent out automatically, it's nothing to worry about 🙂

Beth

Bob0001
Tuning in
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for finding out, Beth.
I don't know if you can pass on some feedback, but it's a really stupid message to send, since at least two of us were worried about it. I'd already brought my old number across when I transferred to Virgin Mobile, so receiving that message made concerned that I was about to be hacked or a victim of ID theft.
Anyway, thank you for the reassurance that all's well. I'm currently enjoying using my VM iPhone and no complaints about the service!
Bob
0 Kudos