Menu
Highlighted
brooksy79
Fibre optic
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Text msg’s sending to my 02 sim not virgin

I have a weird problem about 2 weeks ago I upgraded to the v.vip package with a unlimited virgin sim in which is for my step son the account is registered in my name as I am the main virgin customer. When ever my partner text her son the text will go to my o2 number, calls will forward to his phone but yet I can text and call his virgin number. Plus I’m not able to log in or register the virgin mobile account just to keep an eye on things...and yes we all have different numbers from 3 different networks. (o2,giffgaff,virgin)
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Text msg’s sending to my 02 sim not virgin

Hi brooksy79

Thank you for getting in touch regards to the problems when texting your step son.  

We would need to take account  specific information in order to investigate.

I will drop a private message in to the purple envelope at the top right of the page so that I can confirm the handset serial number and 

a few other details. 

Ill be in touch soon, 

Thanks 

Nat
0 Kudos
brooksy79
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Text msg’s sending to my 02 sim not virgin

Update- I’ve spoken to virgin mobile, have been told everything is setup fine and that it must a setting with in the iPhone (both me & partners phones) to forward text. I spoke to apple they claim it must be the android phone. (step sons) I’m still trying to contact giff gaff and Samsung and o2 are telling the same... everything set up fine for my phone. I’ve now discovered when ever the stepson text’s him mum I receive the text 🤦‍♂️ I’ve restored my phone back to factory settings... sadly no joy. haven’t restored girlfriends and sons yet. But one thing it could be is that when the virgin sim arrived I installed the sim into my phone just to activate it and then reinstalled into the boys phone only because I don’t know his handset unlock pin, so maybe something’s crossed over.
0 Kudos