cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text messaging not received

Malkie52
Joining in

Ported number from Vodafone today and calls working as expected. Received text message from Virgin saying port complete and message from Vodafone relating to account. Tried to access Amazon and my Bank and two step verification failed as no message received. Sent message from my wife’s phone and it failed too. I sent a message to her and it worked.

6 REPLIES 6

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Malkie52

Welcome back to the community.

Sorry to hear you're having issues with sending/receiving two step verification messages. Can you confirm if it is just the Bank and Amazon you are having these issues with? Can you try rebooting the phone to see if this works? Let us know how you get on. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Amazon and Bank of Scotland are the only ones that have failed. I can test Amazon easily, bank more difficult.

I sent and received text messages to my daughter this morning and they worked ok. Issue therefore with OTP. This worked fine Vodafone on my old phone

Spoke to CS agent and rebooted phone. No change

Thank you for confirming and trying the reboot @Malkie52

Have other OTP worked and is just Amazon and your bank with the issue or are these the only ones you have? We aren't aware of any issues on the network. Has it been over 24hrs since the number ported? ~CS~

Here to help 🙂
Carley

Hi

Just retested Bank and  Amazon and both worked now. That is 23 hours since port 

Thanks

Ah great! Glad to hear that this has been sorted for you now @Malkie52. It can take up to 24 hours for all services to be active. Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns, we'll be here to help if needed.

Here to help 🙂
Carley