Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Text messages

If someone sends me a text message it can be over a day before I receive it on my iPhone or iPad.

Messages have been sent from various networks and all seem to take hours or days to arrive.

Very frustrating especially when you’re trying to log into a system that text you a verification number.

This has just started over the last week or so, no software updates have been made on the phone and I’ve tried rebooting it which didn’t sort out the problem. No changes have been made to the phone settings.

Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Text messages

I had this problem with Virgin when I was with them. It was because of their WiFi calling system where texts would be sent but disappear in the system for a long period of time - sometimes 12 hours!

I tried to get a resolution, but virgin refused to admit that there was a problem with their systems, so I ended up leaving.

Do you have WiFi calling turned on?

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Yes I do have WiFi calls on, probably explains it all. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

You may wish to try and raise it with them - I always think the more people who get in touch with them, the more they will actually do something about this fault.

If you search the forum using the top bar, you will find some other threads which relate to this issue.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks

ive switched off the WiFi calling feature and problem solved!

I intend contacting Virgin direct with a complaint, not that I think they will take any notice😡

0 Kudos