Menu
TrixiBee
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Text messages won't send

Switch now completed from a Galaxy S7 to a Note8, but cannot send text messages.  Can make and receive calls, and can receive texts.  Updated the Message Centre number to the +447958879890.yesterday when I was having issues - but the issue was that the switch had not yet completed - now cannot change Message Centre number back to what it was.  Is there an alternative Message Centre number?

Also tried going to 2G and rebooted phone 😞

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Rich_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Text messages won't send

Hi TrixiBee,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. Sorry to hear you're unable to send text messages on your new Note 8.

If you have a red SIM card then the number you need is +447958879890.

If you have a purple SIM card then the number you need is +447458399008.

Hope this information helps.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team

Can make calls, but no data? Check your "Virgin Mobile APN settings"

TrixiBee
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rich, I called back and managed to speak to another person and they gave me the correct number noted above. Thanks.
0 Kudos
Corporal
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I have the red SIM card with all the settings correct. It never has, and still will not, successfully send texts. They fail each and every time. Previous phone was an HTC Desire. Current phone is a Virgin Samsung J5. I now suspect the SIM card to be the problem.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Terri_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Corporal,

Welcome to the Community Forum and thanks for your post. I'm sorry to hear that you are having a problem with sending text messages.

In order to look into this, I will need to take more details. I will send you a private message requesting more information so that I can assist with this issue. Just click on the envelope icon at the top of this page.

Kind Regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Running out of data? Check out our top Mobile data tips

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Rezoloot
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I rang virgin a total of nine times, one of the operators just put the phone down on me because he couldn't find it, I didn't even get it from here, I went to the shops and bought a new sim, Loaded, went msg's/settings got the number ending 9008, which is pay monthly, my sim is white, I swear to good god, I would've still been stuck, so questions must be
1. Why is your answer not top of google for virgin users
2, why oh why does not one virgin operator knows what the hell they're talking about
3, why aren't all settings sent to your phone like back in the day when adam and eve robbed apples
4, my rant is over, hope you enjoyed, it felt good getting it out

Later
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Rezoloot, thanks for your post.

I'm sorry to hear of the experience you have had when speaking with the team.

Are you able to expand on your issue so we can assist?

Thanks

Nathan B

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Rezoloot
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Got it all sorted in the end but what a nightmare, 7 operators and not one of the new the txt service center number, nor apn settings, had to do all of it off google, does not bode well for VM with such trivial questions