cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text messages not received when phone in sleep mode

AnsteySteve
On our wavelength

I seem to have a problem receiving text messages on my Android Smartphone when the phone is in sleep mode. Any messages sent do not come through at any point. Messages do seem to arrive if the phone is not in sleep mode or, if it was off when sent, when the phone is turned on. I have had the phone for three years and this problem has only recently started. I have tried adjusting various settings but none have solved the problem. Is there anything I can do to resolve this problem or is it just time for a new phone ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for your time @AnsteySteve.

Do please keep us updated - if there's a fix for this issue, we would be keen to read it and allow it to sit on our Forums for future readers to benefit from.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for your post @AnsteySteve, and I'm sorry to hear of this issue with the handset when in sleep mode.

Can you please confirm what handset you're using, and if this was brand new when purchased?

When in sleep mode, can you receive calls or messages via applications such as WhatsApp?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

The phone is a Doogee Y8. It was new when I bought it 3 years ago and I have not had this problem until recently. I do seem to receive messages via WhatsApp, Messenger, Gmail when the phone is in sleep mode. Thanks for your help.

Thanks for coming back to me @AnsteySteve.

When using other modes there's no issues experienced with SMS messages?

Just to help me a little further, as I'm not familiar with the model, what's the benefit of having the handset in sleep mode, when you can then still receive SMS messages? Do/can you still receive calls too?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

David, there is not the option to have sleep mode permanently off. There are various options of inactive time before sleep mode starts but the maximum is 30 minutes. I am not very technical but my understanding is that by going into sleep mode when not in use it reduces battery usage and means it doesn't have to be charged as often. The phone runs on Android 9.

Thanks for coming back to me - I was under the impression that the sleep mode function you were referring to was similar to "do not disturb".

This might be one you need to refer to the manufacturer for, but I would advise that you ensure that any software updates are completed on the device and then rebooted, before you then allow the handset to drop into sleep mode and attempt a test SMS to be sent.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

David, thanks for your help and suggestions. I will attempt to contact Doogee.

Thanks for your time @AnsteySteve.

Do please keep us updated - if there's a fix for this issue, we would be keen to read it and allow it to sit on our Forums for future readers to benefit from.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Just an update. I have done a full factory reset on my phone and reinstalled it back to how it was. It seems to have resolved the text problem at least for now anyway.

Glad to hear this issue has been resolved @AnsteySteve. Please continue to monitor this and let us know if you need any further help. 

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs