Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Text messages go to old number

I switched from o2 and took my old number with me. Using the Pac number. 

After the switch has been confirmed, I receive calls to my original switched number but text messages  sent to that number don't come through, when I send a text message the number it comes from is the random one Virgin allocated me. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Text messages go to old number

This seems to be happening a lot.... There are loads of people complaining about this same issue.

Do yourself a favour, call them and cancel everything within the 14 day cooling off period before it's too late, then go back to O2.  I wish I did, now I'm trapped.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Why? what have they done to you? o2 were pretty poor in general and then it was super expensive.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Within 3 weeks of signing up to my new Virgin Mobile contract, I've spent many many hours trying to reach Customer Services about a problem I've had since the day I received the phone - I've been called a liar, ignored, fobbed off and hung-up on more times than I can count. Now I'm waiting for Ofcom to decide the next steps, hopefully allowing me to leave this dreadful company for ever.

The Forum Team are helpful on here, they tried to help me - but after a month of technical problems they abandoned their solution for me because they suddenly realised I had a complaint open, still unaddressed, from over a month ago.  So because of Virgin's own stupid rules, the Forum Team weren't allowed to help anymore, and I'm back to square 1.

If you think O2 are bad, you haven't seen anything yet. Trust me, I can't wait to go back to O2.

You've got 14 days cooling off period to leave. I wish I pushed harder to leave within that window (although saying that, they kept hanging up on me, so it was impossible to leave).

Good luck to you.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Well-informed
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Please can try dialling from your landline, or another phone, just to confirm which number the mobile is actually using now.

I've noticed that iphones owners often need to  update the new numbers in their settings. 

https://appletoolbox.com/imessage-displays-the-wrong-phone-number-fix/

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yes it was the imessage settings that was messing everything up. All sorted now.
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Glad to hear that you got your issue sorted pnoble516 from the help of the community members.

Thanks

Steven_L

0 Kudos