cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text message not delivered

Maria74
Tuning in

I haven't been able to send a text message or make a phone call while in Brazil. It has been a problem because I haven't been able to contact Virgin Media to solve the problem or use my cards, as they have asked to send a text message confirming that is a genuine transaction.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I got a text message from you, and I tried to use it it didn't work as I need to ring you or something like this that I am not able to do. I really need this problem solved.

How do I reboot my phone, please?

Maria

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

13 REPLIES 13

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Maria74,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our forums 🙂

I am sorry to hear you are having issues with sending a text while in brazil.

Have you been able to call and use everything else? Do you have a spending cap?

Zoie

I haven't been able to do anything, no messages phone calls at all. It has been a nightmare, as I need to use my cards that request confirmation through text messages

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

I am so sorry Maira74, 

I would advise rebooting your phone and manually selecting a network to see if you can connect.

Did you get a text from us when you landed?

Zoie

I got a text message from you, and I tried to use it it didn't work as I need to ring you or something like this that I am not able to do. I really need this problem solved.

How do I reboot my phone, please?

Maria

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

What handset do you have? If you could turn it off and then back on?

Is roaming activated on your account?

Zoie

The thing is this chat was the only way I found to get in touch with you nothing else. That's not on. I am having trouble enjoying my holiday because I can't send a text message. That's ridiculous

When I tried to use my app it doesn't recognise my number, email and nothing is done. 

Virgin media has been tried to ring me but the call can't be completed.

It is ridiculous.

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

I am sorry Maria, I can understand your frustration on this, let me know how you get on with the steps and if you could let me know your phone model, we can try and resolve this asap, so you can enjoy the lovely Brazil 🙂

Zoie

My Samsung is a Note 10, thanks

I have no ideia if my rooming is active on my account  as I am not able to access it because it doesn't recognise my number. I don't know either what is handset.