cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text from Virgin saying "3 incorrect PIN attempts"...?!

Martin2345uk
Joining in

I got a text from VirginMedia today saying:

We've locked your voice mailbox after 3 incorrect PIN attempts. Please try again later, or reset your PIN by calling customer services.

I have never tried to access my voicemail with a PIN so what on earth is this?

10 REPLIES 10

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Maybe somebody has tried to access your mailbox from their phone, they would need a PIN

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I did wonder? But what does it mean when it says the have locked my voice mailbox?

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Mobile voicemail is protected by a PIN when you access them from another line, or from your own device when roaming outside of the UK

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-mobile-voicemail
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What happens when you dial it?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

It just lets me listen to my messages as normal!

Hi Martin2345uk, 

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your voicemail services looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some confusion. I would be more than happy to look into this for you.

So from reading your thread, you've received this message, however when you try to call your voicemail it's not actually locked at all - is that right? 

Are you abroad at the moment? 

Thanks,

Megan_L

Hi Megan, yes you are correct. No, I am not abroad.
Thank you

Laurie_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Martin2345uk,

Many apologies for my delayed response. Are you still able to access your voicemail? Have you had any more texts about incorrect PIN attempts?

Kind regards,

Laurie

Laurie_C
Forum Team

Hi, Yes I am still able to access it, I haven't had any more texts about it no...