cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text from Virgin new Sim being sent out!

Charlotte_1
Tuning in

Hi

• I have received a text on Saturday that to continue using my mobile  I will be receiving a new Sim in September. This will be the 3rd new Sim I have had to change in the last year! This causes me huge issues as I roam a lot and this keeps happening whilst I am out of the country and cannot activate a new Sim. I was sent a new Sim in March when Virgin merged with 02 and managed to get it sent to a friend who had to go through the hassle of removing her own sim from her phone to activate mine which didnt activate for over 24 hrs. ! She was then unable to use her phone until my Sim was working . I had no access to banking and other necessary services until the Sim arrived as security now sends codes by text to your phone to get into most things these days.  I really do not want be in this position again so soon after getting it sorted out and being put on the new Sim in March.  Can someone on the Virgin team please look into my account and see if it is just a blanket text that has gone out to all customers and is a mistake on my account as I already did the upgrade in March 2022.

Many Thanks

Joanne Cartwright

1 REPLY 1

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Charlotte_1,

Welcome back to our community forums and sorry to hear about the issues you have had with your sim card changes.

We can understand this is not ideal and we want to best help. I can take a look into this for you so I have sent you a private message. Please look out for the purple envelope and provide a response when you can.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs