cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text delivery report

baldeagle58
On our wavelength

Why do I no longer get delivery or read reports on my virgin sim for texts or mms, although those options are selected in the settings? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @baldeagle58

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for posting.

I am sorry to hear this. 

What's the make and model of your handset?  

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

47 REPLIES 47

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @baldeagle58

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for posting.

I am sorry to hear this. 

What's the make and model of your handset?  

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Samsung s10e, it used to work fine, without any settings changed its gone from showing delivered, then when read, then went to receiving a text when delivered, to nothing now. When highlighted it just just says sent. 

Hi Baldeagle58, 

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your mobile services looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration. I would be more than happy to look into this for you.

I am sorry you're no longer receiving read/sent reports on your Samsung s10e, I believe this could be due to a number of issues which we will try to help troubleshoot. However, it may be an aspect that you need to reach out to Samsung to look into - but we will come to that later if we can't figure it out now!

Some things I want to ask are - 

• Is your handset up to date with the latest OS update? 
  • Did this issue occur after the most recent OS update from Samsung?
  • Can you try deselecting the read/delivered report option and reboot your handset. Then, reselect the option to show these reports. 
  • Does this issue only happen on particular numbers or is it a blanket issue? 

Please let me know the answers to the above questions 🙂

Thanks,

Megan_L

Megan

Hi again.

Yes the phone has the latest OS

I did not notice whether an OS update caused this or not, but it has changed how the delivery report works twice in the last 2 months. It used to show delivered next to the text, then that changed to read once read. Then it changed to sending me a notification when the text was delivered. Now it just says requested, which never changes once delivered or read to any other network.

This is  blanket across all numbers and networks.

I have tried deselecting delivery reports and restarting before applying again, but this did not make any difference. 

regards

Clive

Thanks for replying baldeagle58

Have you contacted Samsung about this as well 

Gareth_L

Not as yet, i thought it was more likely a sim problem?

Might b best to try them as well baldeagle58

If not let me know and I can get a new sim sent out 

Gareth_L

contacted samsung but they say they have had no other complaints regarding this?

Can I send you a private message baldeagle58.

So I can look into this for you 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_L