cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text being sent from different numbe

Hamzahali
Just joined
  • I have moved to virgin mobile and transferred by old number as well. However an issue I have noticed is that when I send a message from the SIM the receiver gets the message sent from the new virgin number which I don't want. However if someone messages me on my original number then I also receive it as well as the new number. Call is not affected it's just the messages.

Could you explain how to resolve this?

Thanks you.

4 REPLIES 4

Client62
Hero

What you are seeing is that a mobile phone can have 1 or more phone numbers routed to the SIM card by the mobile operator.

Pick which number ever you want to be the default number for sending Texts and for your Caller ID

Contact mobile support and ask them to make it so.   They should know exactly what to do.

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Hamzahali

Thanks for taking the time to post in regards to your mobile number and the issues since transferring your number over. We appreciate the confusion caused and you raising this via the forums. Welcome to the community.

Can you confirm the handset you have please? It may be that if you used the Virgin Sim with the original number it may be stored on the handset in it's settings and not changed since the number transferred. If it is an iPhone try this:

Turn your phone OFF for at least 10 minutes. Turn your phone ON and tap Settings > Phone > My Number and confirm that it is correct. If it's not correct, please enter the correct number. Turn iMessage back to ON (Settings > Messages).

Let us know if this helps or if you have a different handset.

Rob

DragosD
Joining in

Hi Hamzahali,

I have encountered the same problem as you yesterday, and I solved it.

If you have a Samsung phone, you must go to Settings, search for RCS chat in the  search box at the top right, and then you will have an option of "RCS chat" for Messages. Press that option, then press "RCS chat' again in the new window. This will open the menu to have the option to turn off RCS security. After you turn off the RCS security, try to send a message to any of your friends to check if the problem still persists. It may be solved, but if not, reboot your phone and then send another text.

At this point you should have solved this problem. You can search for the same option again and turn the RCS security back on, and it will continue working with your preferred number (number that you wanted to have).

Hope this helps, if not, write a reply, I will try to guide you through.

Have a nice day

Dragos

Thanks for posting DragosD, welcome to the community. It's great to see the community supporting each other with advice and support as always 🙂

Rob