cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text Support - Does anyone have a good experience?

ItsJamieLike
On our wavelength

Hello, 

Wondering if I am alone here, When I first joined VM, I have seen that there was a support option whereby you could contact an agent by text, this was amazing in theory. However in actual use I have had a shocking experience. 

Every time I try to speak to an agent, I go round in a loop, I get told I am in a queue and I will be connected shortly. I get constant messages repeated from "Terri Triage Bot", every couple of minutes, with around 6 messages each time. I will wait to be connected, then sometimes it will message me every 5-45 minutes saying "We have a wait, do you want to wait?", I have to reply each time, and when I go, Terri pops back up again with the same useless advice. 

If I ever get connected to an agent, every time I do "Sorry I am about to take my scheduled break", so you wait, and never get a text back after that. If you then try to message them, you're right back at the start with the whole "Whats your name and number" . This also happens when you don't reply fast enough to the constant barrage of texts asking If you want to wait. 

I cant be the only one? Screenshot_20210714-125658_Messages.jpgScreenshot_20210714-125704_Messages.jpgScreenshot_20210714-125708_Messages.jpgScreenshot_20210714-125712_Messages.jpg

7 REPLIES 7

ItsJamieLike
On our wavelength

I have again tried to use this support, I have been told to wait 45 minutes, had to confirm this again, and bang.... Right back at the start, 

Very convenient when I want to keep a complaint open, and can't make easy contact.

Screenshot_20210714-133104_Messages.jpgScreenshot_20210714-133122_Messages.jpg

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @ItsJamieLike

Thanks for your post 🙂 

I'm so sorry to see you seem to be stuck in some sort of loop with our text service. I appreciate this is super frustrating and we apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

To confirm, are you replying with the correct prompts to the questions asked? 

Could you please expand on what you were contacting us regarding so we can best advise on this?

Thanks, 

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hello, 

I am, as you can see from the last message I have sent 1 in reply, and I am chucked back to the start. 

Jamie 

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

So sorry about that Jamie, this is not how the text service should react and I'll be sure to get the issue flagged for you. 

Could you please expand on what you were contacting us regarding so we can best advise? 

Thanks,

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

In short I have raised a complaint, and the complaint was at risk of being closed if I did not make contact with VM, I have tried ever since to make contact telling text support multiple times not to close it (when I got to someone), and to the agent on the phone, but I have been sent a letter saying it has been closed now because I have failed to contact you.

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for getting back to me @ItsJamieLike

Ah I'm so sorry to hear this, I appreciate this is frustrating and we apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

I'm going to send you a PM for some more details so we can take a look into this for you. 

Please look out for a notification in the purple envelope 🙂 

Thanks, 

Sofia
Forum Team

Guess it's not just the text service. Online chat is the same. 

Screenshot_20210728-194247_My Virgin Media.jpg