cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text Message Problem - Not Sending

Smokie1010
Tuning in

I have a Samsung A6 which has never been a problem, for the past few Months, coincidently since Virgin and O2 joined together, I have problems when sending Texts. 

I have it set so I know when the Texts are received by the recipient as it comes back "Delivered". Now its just hit and miss whether its sent or even Delivered to the Recipient. Sometimes it says "Delivered", other times it says nothing but the Recipient has got it, other times it says "Not Delivered" but they have Received it and today I've replied to someone and attempted to send it 5 times! after a few minutes it comes back "Not Delivered". 

I've restarted my phone twice and even removed the Sim Card and wiped it but its still the same. Is there something wrong with the Virgin Network?

7 REPLIES 7

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Smokie1010

Welcome to our Community Help Forum 🙂

Thank you for making this post regarding the issues you are experiencing when sending text messages, I'm sorry to hear you are facing these problems. Just to confirm: is this happening with every number you text or only certain ones?

Can you try selecting messages, then tap the 3 dots in the top left - and then settings - and check the SMS centre number is +447458 399008? Then save.

Best wishes,

Serena

Hi, thanks for getting back to me. 

Seems to be Random and not specific to any particular Numbers. My wife is on EE and it happens on and off with Texts I send to her, sometimes it even says its not Delivered but she's received it, other times its not delivered then she receives half an hour later. 

Another odd thing is the Number I tried texting this morning 5 times the message box I is Blue then comes up Not Delivered next to it, the last time I sent it the message box is Green. 

One other thing, someone sent me 4 messages at the end of January, I only received them on 12th February after I restarted my phone, so I restart it regularly now but it hasnt cured the problem I'm having now.

I can confirm that the SMS Centre Number is the same and which I checked after reading other posts on here and also WiFi calling is switched off as well, I checked both those after reading posts on here by people having Text Problems.

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Smokie1010

Thank you for getting back to me with the details and for confirming the SMS Centre Number is the same. I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are having with sending texts. Have you tried switching your phone into Flight Mode for 30 minutes and then switching it back again?

Best wishes,

Serena

No, but I will will try that and let you know if it works

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Okay, thanks @Smokie1010 - please keep me posted on how you get on 🙂

Best wishes,

Serena

Hi, I don't think that's done very much. I put it in to Flight Mode for 40 minutes then took it off flight mode. 

Then sent my wife a text, it took 8 minutes to arrive and she was sat next to me. I then tried texting the person I had been trying to reply to earlier without success. I've attached a photo of a screen shot of them. 

First ones in Blue (there were 3) as you can see say Not Delivered, I sent them then it was several minutes later I got the Not Delivered. The 2 after that went Green for some reason but no indication whether they'd received them, they hadn't. 

The last one was sent after putting it in Flight Mode then taking flight mode off and after I text my wife as said above. As you can see from that it went grey and instantly said it wasn't delivered, it even says that when you click on the Orange Exclamation Mark, yet they text me back straight away with a thumbs up, so although I instantly got a message saying it wasnt delivered they had actually got the message this time. This has happened before as well275116933_2308600065949516_8995270873658028558_n.jpg

Thank you for that information Smokie1010. 

Can you confirm if this is happening when you send texts from one location or multiple?

^Martin