cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text Issue on over limit

Cheemue
Joining in

I have received this text :’You've hit your spending cap, which will reset on your next refresh. Head to virginmedia.com/changespendcap to login and change it.’
I am no where near hitting my spending cap. Why am I getting this message. This has happened before.

Thanks. 

8 REPLIES 8

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Cheemue

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. My apologies for the confusion over the text received. Have you logged in to either the app or the online account to get a balance check and if so, is it near the cap? 

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

I’ve got unlimited texts and Minutes.19.56GB left of 20GB 

Thanks for the update Cheemue, in the mobile app or online account, does it advise of a spend cap? If so, can you confirm the value it is currently se to?

Rob

It is set to no extra spend. 
It also says in the app I’ve reached my spending cap and to continue receiving services outside my monthly allowances to increase or remove my spending cap.
Thanks. 

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Cheemue

Thank you for confirming this for us, I am sorry for any confusion caused.

I am going to send you a private message so we can go over this in more detail, I want to help you resolve this asap.

Look out for my message in your inbox.

Thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Cheemue,

Thank you for talking to me today in a private message.

I am glad that I was able to help you with your query 🙂 If you ever need my help again please do not hesitate to message me.

Hope you have a lovely day. 

Thanks.

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

What is the point in replying in a private message ?
No one else with this problem and looking for the solution will be able to see it

Hi Bigbad123,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

We private message customers when we need to access theirs account. 

The private message allows us to discuss account sensitive information in a secure location.

^Martin