cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terrible Data speeds since move to over to vodafone

dmorrow
On our wavelength

For over 3 weeks while at work my data speed has been terrible. 

I have spoken to helpline who told me in coincides with me moving from EE to Vodafone networks.

I have between 0.5 to 2 mb download when its working but it does drop out a lot. 

The thing is my Signal is either 4 bars or Full and it is only at my work Postcode (ME2 3HG) 

Helpline said the mast was showing problems but that was over 2 weeks ago now and still no improvement and they can not do any testing with me as I can only speak to them with the mobile as no landline where I am. 

Is there any stuff I can try myself ?

Also can someone check on the mast near me please. 

Thanks.

25 REPLIES 25

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

These are the expected data speeds for your postcode. The give worse case and max.  Usually you get mid way

Screenshot_20220204-072629_Chrome.jpg

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

dmorrow
On our wavelength

So looking at that I am not getting the minimum with a full signal. 

Hello dmorrow

Sorry to hear of the mobile data speed issues experienced, we understand the frustration this can cause.

We've taken a look here but have been unable to see any reported mast issues, we have managed to find your details on our system and also checked your home address, both of which don't show any issues. You mentioned that the postcode given in your original post was your works, what kind of building do you work in? (if it even is a building) as this can impact the signal strength received indoors. Have you been able to try tests at your work both indoors and outdoors for comparison?

If the signal at your home address is fine and the correct speeds are being received this would suggest it is a mast issue local to your work.

Rob

dmorrow
On our wavelength

Hi, thanks for looking into this annoying problem.

Yes it is only a problem at my work, which is a residential house. I have tried outside and it  took over a mile of driving before I got any improvement. The signal is always 4 bars or full, inside and outside. 

I was told there was a mast problem on the 18th Jan but I would have expected this to fixed by now. No one could tell me if it was or not. 

Screenshot_20220204-154747.jpg

Most recent speedtest as you can I have a good signal. 

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I've checked the postcode given and the surrounding area and no mast problems are being reported 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

dmorrow
On our wavelength

Its a strange one for sure.....

Hopefully someone will be able to help 

I'm finding this too. Data speeds one tenth of what I had before

Given the number of threads and posts here reporting similar problems after the Vodafone switch, Virgin must investigate this serious issue with the service rather than just pointing customers to the Vodafone service availability pages.

Surely the poor service Virgin Mobile customers are experiencing is in breach of guaranteed service levels between VM and Vodafone?

Hi @Nialli,

I am very sorry to hear you're facing some issues with your mobile data connection recently. Is this only happening in a certain area for you, or wherever you go?

Can you also confirm what speeds you're getting along with what diagnostics and troubleshooting you've performed thus far in an effort to remedy this?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

dmorrow
On our wavelength

Definitely to do with the switch over.

I'm sure Vodafone wont be much help knowing that Virgin Mobile will be moving to O2 as soon as they legally can. 

I feel like I will have to get a Vodafone Sim card to try it out for myself, as no help seems to be forthcoming.