cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Termination of multiple mobile PAYG accounts

Maltonian
Tuning in

Hi,

I hope somebody will be able to help.  We have three separate virgin mobile PAYG accounts.  For various reasons there are complexitities with these accounts and terminating / transferring them (related to illness, SIM issues and a phone in a care home that we can't access), nor can we call 789 as we have no reception at home. 

I appreciate that this is a busy time given the forthcoming changes, but any help would be really appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You need to register (have an account) the sims, they can be on the same account. The personal details are required for a refund. You need to call 789 or 0345 6000 789 (chargeable) to request the refund. Not sure if you get it after requesting the PAC.
I did 2 numbers together and got the PACs at the same time.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Maltonian,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm sorry to hear that you're having some trouble with some PAYG accounts. Would you mind clarifying exactly what it is that you're looking to do and what you'd like our help with today?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Thanks very much for replying Zach!  Here are the issues:

- one PAYG number on a phone remote to us (in a care home) that doesn't have an online account - we'd like to arrange a refund for the outstanding balance but don't need a PAC code

- one PAYG number that does have an account, but when logging in the number details aren't available - may be related to a SIM swap in 2020.  We'd like a PAC code for this too.

- one PAYG account with a PAC code already requested and a refund required.

So, the last one is straightforward I think, the first two less so!  There's a bit more detail around the second one but perhaps not for an open forum. 

Hi @Maltonian,

Thank you for expanding. Are all of the numbers that you're referring to linked to the same account and same account holder, or are any of them on a different account?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi Zach,

All three are on individual, separate accounts - the first of the three has no online account, the last two do. 

Thanks!

You need to register (have an account) the sims, they can be on the same account. The personal details are required for a refund. You need to call 789 or 0345 6000 789 (chargeable) to request the refund. Not sure if you get it after requesting the PAC.
I did 2 numbers together and got the PACs at the same time.

Thanks for coming back to us @Maltonian.

The best way to get this completed would be to call into the team as @pumas suggested, so that they can make the arrangements to refund your account and close down the PAYG accounts for all 3 sim cards that you need refunding.

Regards,

Steven_L

Thanks Steven

I spoke to somebody from the team at length just now who tried their best to help but unfortunately weren't able to resolve the issues with two of the accounts.  Is there a particular address for me to write to in order to outline the remaining problems? 

Thanks for coming back to us @Maltonian.

I can try to take a look into this further for you and I will speak to the mobile team, If I cannot help any further myself.

I will send over a private message in a moment, so that we can clear account security and start.

Regards,

Steven_L