Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Temporary sim

Dorothy78
Joining in

Hi

Please help me! 

2 months ago i had to changed my contract because when i joined a year ago i was under a discount and the full price of £77, i couldn't afford. So i call virgin media to change it and the only deal the advisor could give me was £44 for 125mb. Then i got over charged for £63, i thought the first time was just for the swap over the new package, although nearly £20 for the few days of my old package ending was abit pricey especially since i got a message telling me that i needed to change it if i didn't want to pay the full price if my old contact. Anyway 2nd month i billed £63 again so i phoned up a guy said yes 1st time was for the swap but the system had realised it had made an error on the second charge and would gave me the extra as a credit on my next bill. I told the guy i could not afford £63 again and it likey that my direct debit would be unpaid so could he not refund me, which was a no, or cancel the direct debit and do a new one for the correct charge which he said would be alot of hassle and it was best to let the system credit me. So direct debit didn't get paid so i was now in debit with virgin media, for the first time btw. Then my phone stopped working, at first i thought it was system problems because i recieved a message to say otherwise, not letting me send or recieve calls or texts. Same thing the next day so i thought it was becsuse i hadn't paid the bill which was now £91 because this months bill had been added with the credit i had been promised but i only paid the £63 as the rest was due until 3rd May and i couldn't afford it, i couldn't afford the £63. I don't have a landline phone so i could only use chat to contact someone about this and no couldn't install WhatsApp cos it needed one time verification code which i recieve via text and i no longer had access to texts, which totally messed everything up for me becsuse i pay online for everything and most places ask for those one time codes so i couldn't pay other bills including utilities and food shopping or sign into universal credit because i am currently unemployed so i could lose my benefits because you have to sign in everyday. I finally got connected to an advisor on chat after i had to mess around with the bot because it wouldn't put me through. I spoke to a nice lady who put me the mobile team or rather put me in the queue. Waited in the queue for OVER AN HOUR and then gave up and went to my friends to use their phone. This attemping to get this sorted at around 10am and it was currently about 1pm snd i was on the phoned until 8pm which is when i thought this had been sorted after i had spoken to about HALF A DOZEN advisors (btw that isn't an over estimate, it was about 6 of them) . Basically i LIED to OVER and OVER again, like i had done my new media contract in March, no it was February which was confirmed by 2 other advisors, like i had pay the rest off my balance even though it's not due until 3rd May, which is when i first found out my mobile contact had been deactivated because omph was part my old media package (no the advisor i did my new package with did not tell me this would nor offer to do a new contract for my phone). I aslo promised at around 3pm a callback from a supervisor, who would call me on my friend's phone before 5pm, i waited until 5:30 and DID NOT recieve a call. I rang virgin again on a number my friend had that would get me through to England based advisors, not offshore that i had dealing with all day but the advisor that i spoke to told me that the phone number was only for contract phones. It was now around 7:30pm ish and he put me through to the mobile team (again). This new advisor i would like to apologise to as i think i insulated a bit, i didn't mean to it just this situation had had me in tears and not someone who cries easily, i was extremely worried about paying my bills and having my benefits taken off me, i hadn't been able to sleep the night before and i had been lied to numberous times by people with her accent all day, unfortunately i don't know this advisors name so i can't apologise to her but if you can, please do so. Anyway she transferred me through to the right department, they explained what had happened with the deactivation and are going to reactivate my phone number and arranged a new contract but i think it's a 30 day one and gave me a temporary phone number/sim that i was told i could use straight away. It's not working, can't make phone calls so i can't contact the jobcentre to tell my number has charged so i still can't access my Universal credit account , can't sent text so probably won't be able to receive calls or texts. Please help, i need this sorted.

Thank you department, they explained what had happened with the deactivation and are going to reactivate my phone number and arranged a new contract but i think it's a 30 day one and gave me a temporary phone number/sim that i was told i could use straight away. It's not working, can't make phone calls so i can't contact the jobcentre to tell my number has charged so i still can't access my Universal credit account, can't send texts so probably won't be able to receive calls or texts. Please help, i need this sorting, i need my phone working.

Thank you 

2 REPLIES 2

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @Dorothy78 👋 Welcome to our forum and thanks for your post 😊

Sorry to see that you've been having issues with your Media account being the incorrect price and the Mobile number being cut off. I can certainly understand the frustration with this. 

I think it would be best to get a better understanding on what has been going on by checking your account. So this can be done I'll send you a PM to confirm your details.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for chatting with me via PM @Dorothy78 😊 I'm glad I have been able to have your issues resolved.

If you need anything further, please let us know. We are always happy to help.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules