cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syspicious emails

jh42
Joining in
  • I have received about 20 emails from  thanks@virginmobile.com. Most tell me that my anti virus has expired, which it hasn't, and the rest are telling me to click a link to access some sort of crypto currency which is worth thousands of pounds. I tried ringing Virginia mobile, to ask if this is a known scam and was told to do a factory reset on my phone! I've also tried forwarding the emails to the phishing reporting email address and they were rejected and bounced back. Anyone heard about this or able to tell me how to report it? Thanks 
11 REPLIES 11

nannymags
Joining in
I have been getting the same emails but mine are saying i have won stuff and i am not with virgin mobile .

I would like to know how to report it too thanks

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Suspicious emails. Forward the email to report@phishing.gov.uk. ...

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Laurie_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi jh42,

Thanks for getting in touch, and a very warm welcome to the Community Forum. I'm really sorry that you're having some issues with suspicious emails coming into your account.

Could you please follow this link to our dedicated phishing support page? Please let me know if you have any more questions or concerns.

Kind regards,
Laurie

Laurie_C
Forum Team

Thanks Laurie, I've already looked at that page but it's not really helped me. The emails are still coming to my outlook email account from thanks@virginmobile.com at least once a day. I've tried forwarding them to the Virgin phishing email address but I've received an 'undelivered as rejected by email server' message for every single one. I have no idea what to do next so any further advice would be great. 

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried forwarding the emails to the .gov address but received the same rejected email as from the Virgin phishing address. 

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @jh42

Thanks for posting on our community forum! I'm going to drop you a private message to collect a few more details so we can investigate this further, please keep an eye on your inbox.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I'm having the same issue as jh42. Countless emails coming through and they just bounce back if I forward them to phishing@virginmedia.com.

I don't really want to block thanks@virginmedia.com as I AM a customer and don't want to miss any genuine emails, but it's looking like I don't have much choice ☹️

I've been asked to provide my account number etc by one of the team so they can look into why I'm receiving these emails. Not done that yet as having received so many clearly scam messages from thanks@virginmobile.com I'm reluctant to trust anyone. Also I can't see how looking at my account will solve the problem of this rubbish coming from the same email address as my bill, or explain why they bounce back when I try to forward them as phishing. 

Did you receive the Private Message from Travis or have you heard anything in regards to this from him jh42?

Rob