cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching from VM mobile to O2 mobile: Port In/Migrate Request Error

colmax
Dialled in

Have just moved from Oomph bundle to Volt Supercharged so issued with a new O2 mobile SIM card. Requested PAC code from VM and have completed and submitted O2 online form. The problem is that I keep getting the below error message from BluePrism (UK) who state that:

The request could not be completed, the following reason is given for the rejection:

Validation Exception: Sorry, the information provided for our security checks is incorrect. Please check and resubmit your request.

Anyone have an idea whats going wrong?? Many thanks...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Checking the O2 forum for 'validation exception' it seems to be connected to a security question mismatch

If you've already registered for My O2 apparently you can update the security question and answer in there, or if not then you'll need to contact O2 Customer Services to resolve the mismatch (who can also take your PAC)

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
The forum team here don't have access to O2's systems so if your PAC request from Virgin Mobile went through OK, you'll need to contact O2 customer services about the error you're getting on their systems or post to the O2 forum here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly/bd-p/1

Thanks for replying. I have already logged this as an issue with O2. What I was I'm hoping for is that there are other VM mobile users (former) that had the same issue and how they managed to get it fixed.

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Checking the O2 forum for 'validation exception' it seems to be connected to a security question mismatch

If you've already registered for My O2 apparently you can update the security question and answer in there, or if not then you'll need to contact O2 Customer Services to resolve the mismatch (who can also take your PAC)

You've hit the nail on the head! I'd forgotten about the other password! Thankyou.

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Glad that helped 🙂

Despite thinking that I had this sorted, I still have a problem trying to get a PAC code that O2 can use to port my existing number over. Message back from O2 is:

Unfortunately the PAC code you have supplied to us has been cancelled by your existing provider. You'll need to contact them if you still want to port your number onto the O2 network. Please check and resubmit your request.

This is now twice that I've requested a PAC code (requested today and both valid until 16th April) from Virgin Mobile. Anyone advise on this as its becoming a joke. I'm not leaving Virgin Media - just changing from Oomph bundle to Volt Supercharged; hence reason for having to swap over to an O2 SIM and a useable PAC code required.

Anyone?????

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @colmax

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

Sorry to hear about this, this does seem strange when the PAC code is being generated on the same day. As a quick alternative, does texting PAC to 65075 work?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi - I tried texting method this morning and it sent back the very same PAC code that I had sent to O2 to use. I am absolutely fed up with this package change as it is proving very, very difficult indeed. It's become a real issue!" I cant understand why Virgin / O2, with their business partnership, cant make this seamless to existing customer base who are having to swap to an O2 SIM.

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @colmax

Thanks for your reply

I'm going to drop you a private message now, please keep an eye on your inbox.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs