cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching Numbers

Connor12
Settling in

Hi,

My partner and I have just moved in together. She was on a phone contract under her parents name through Virgin Media.

Now we have moved in, we have a new account and she wants to switch her number from the old account to our new one. The switching process doesn’t seem to work so any help would be great?

thanks

connor

7 REPLIES 7

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Connor12, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to forums 🙂 

If this is a mobile contract and it is under her parent's name we would not be able to transfer it over into someone else's name, if she has her own contract with us and wanted to port the number over we can do this.

Zoie

Hi Zoie

thanks for replying so quickly. Would that still be the case if the contract is cancelled? Would you number not become available at the end of the contract term? 

thanks

Connor 

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

No worries 🙂 

If the contract is cancelled and she has not got a PAC or STAC code the number will be lost I'm afraid. 

We also cannot guarantee to port from virgin to virgin mobile network. Does she have a new sim with us?

Zoie

Hi Zoie,

yea, we have anew some with a new number.

The old contract expires 21st December. We have a PAC code for it at the moment but not sure whether we can use it.

it’s not the worst thing if we can’t do it, 🙂 

thanks

Connor 

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

If she wants to keep her number and to use it on the virgin sim, she can port to another network, on a pay-as-you-go tariff, then port to us, then the previous contract will get a new number and can close in the december.

Zoie

A clever work around! I’ll try that, thankyou! 

connor

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

No worries 🙂 
If you have any issues or any more questions please pop back and we will do our best to help you.

All the best.

Zoie