cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switched to Virgin Mobile & numbers not transferred

Yorkshiregrit
Joining in

Transferred to Virgin Sim Only from old provider yesterday for both my and my wife’s mobile phones.

Provided PAC and requested we retain both our existing mobile numbers.

We have received Virgin Mobile Contract Information and Summary Sheets and both state that we have been given completely new mobile numbers ahead of the delivery of our new Sims.

We also received Virgin’s email to inform our Virgin Sim Order is in its way.

Does this mean that we will no longer retain our original mobile numbers?

Any help and assistance would bre greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

HI Vorkshiregrit,

Welcome to the Community Forums and to Virgin Media 😊

I'm sorry if there's been any concern about whether your existing mobile numbers have not been ported over. I'm sure this is nothing to worry about. You'll always be given a temporary to start with once your SIM has been set up, even if the PAC was given immediately. It can sometimes take a few days for the port to complete.

Did you order your SIMs online or over the phone? If online, did you provide us with the PAC at the time?

Thank you

Beth

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

HI Vorkshiregrit,

Welcome to the Community Forums and to Virgin Media 😊

I'm sorry if there's been any concern about whether your existing mobile numbers have not been ported over. I'm sure this is nothing to worry about. You'll always be given a temporary to start with once your SIM has been set up, even if the PAC was given immediately. It can sometimes take a few days for the port to complete.

Did you order your SIMs online or over the phone? If online, did you provide us with the PAC at the time?

Thank you

Beth

I applied online via Virgin Mobile webpage for 2 x Virgin Sim Only Deals (30 DAY Promo 6 – 5GB + Ultd mins).

I supplied my BT PAC# and requested we retain our mobile telephone numbers.

Later, I received Virgin’s confirmation email and attachments (Mobile Contract Summary Sheet; and Mobile Contract Information Sheet). I noticed from the attachments, that Virgin had given us two different mobile numbers.

I contacted Virgin on 0345 600 0789 to inform our mobile numbers had not been transferred. The call handler (Venus) told me that my original Order had not been processed and would not be validated. Instead, she offered to switch from our old Mobile provider (BT) to Virgin Mobile over the phone for the above 2 x SIM Only deal.

Again, I provided my Bank Account details for Direct Debit and received Virgin’s email confirmation and Mobile Contract Summary Sheet; and Mobile Contract Information Sheet.

I have just checked my Inbox and have found Virgin’s email: “Let’s Lock It In”- Approve your Virgin Mobile Order.

This refers to my original Order made first – the one I was told was cancelled.

Can you please assist? I don’t want to receive 2 duplicate Orders and the requisite monthly payments for two pairs of SIM cards.

Thank you.

Hi Yorkshiregrit, 

Thanks for providing more information on this. I'll be happy to look into this further for you and see what's gone on.

I've dropped you a private message so I can ask for your details. Please look out for my message over at the purple envelope.

Thank you, 

Beth