cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switched to Other Network - Still Receiving Bills

Neverel
Tuning in

I moved to Tesco Mobile last month and took my number with me. I switched via PAC code, but Virgin is still sending me bills and my monthly SIM contract appears active, even though my number is now on a different network.
How long does it take for Virgin to cancel the contract when using a PAC code, or has something gone wrong?
Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for coming back to us, this certainly does sound strange.

It would probably be best to send you a PM to confirm your details so I can check to make sure this port has gone through.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Something has gone wrong. Your Virgin account should have closed the minute your number transferred and your Virgin SIM shut down.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hey @Neverel,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on the forums.

I'm sorry that you are still being billed despite leaving your service with us via a PAC code, as @enlli has advised, your account should close once the PAC has been used. 

Do you still have access to your online account with us? It should show on your account, if its still active with us.

Regards,

Steven_L

Hi Steven,
I've been on my account, and it still looks active.
It has my most recent bills on it, says last month's payment was received, and doesn't mention that the account is closed at all. My monthly allowances for May were added two days after I used the PAC code.
I haven't received any info from Virgin saying that I've left the network, and I would have expected at least a text confirmation.

Thanks for coming back to us, this certainly does sound strange.

It would probably be best to send you a PM to confirm your details so I can check to make sure this port has gone through.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for chatting with me via PM @Neverel, I'm happy that the bill has been cleared up for you.

Please let me know if you need anything further.

Regards

Nathan