Menu
Zaco95
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Switched from EE to Virgin now iMessage and Whasapp faulty

Hello,

Me and my partner about 2 months ago switch from EE to Virgin Mobile carrying out phone numbers across as well.

Ever since then iMessage and WhatsApp are very intermittent and to receive an iMessage you have to have the contact open in your messages or it will come through as a text a long time later or if using WhatsApp you have to have the App open in order to receive a message.

Its like the phone isn't connecting to the internet unless you actually have it unlocked and are using it.

I phoned Virgin regarding this and the got me and my partner to reset my network settings the first time.....didn't work.

The second time the reset something their end and told us to turn off our phones for 30 mins and switch back on....this seemed to help but now 2 weeks later is even worse.

This is happening to both me and my partner both of us have iPhones.

Does anyone have any ideas before I phone up customer services again?

Many Thanks.

*Edit: I'd also like to add the internet in generally not as responsive but I get speeds  up to 70mbps

0 Kudos
happywithmy350
Well-informed
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Switched from EE to Virgin now iMessage and Whasapp faulty

Turning off Imessage and on again works for some as it re registers the sim on Apple's servers, which is where the problem lies and every provider has this problem. As the phones get signal then they are unlocked so that won't be the problem
0 Kudos
miahj14
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

This seems to be an ongoing issue which alot of people are having an issue with. I switched from 02 to Virgin 5 months ago and had this issue from day 1, thinking it could be my phone. 5 different phones tested and still the same, also had a replacement sim to no avail. Called 789 a few times to be told all my handsets are fault (3 brand new iphones i tested, 7 plus and 2 XS Max), this never happened when I was with 02. Customer services is shocking. But had a call last week from the technical team and explained everything and gave examples, told he he will need more examples too but I managed to get out my contract and got the termination fee waived. When the data etc works it is perfect, love the 4G speed as it was one of the reasons I switched from 02 to Virgin and the fact they gave 100gb data but this constant intermittent data connection was just getting ridiculous.

I'm not sure how to or if you can tag someone but Emma_C was dealing with this issue for me on my post, if you can give her examples and explain it to her it will help with getting the issue resolved.
0 Kudos
Zaco95
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@happywithmy350 - Have tried this now and didn't work annoyingly, but its just not iMessage though.

0 Kudos
Zaco95
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@miahj14

Thanks, seems like this isn't going to work with the amount of people experiencing this!

Will have to call up again to see if I can get this resolved.

0 Kudos
Zaco95
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Update:

(please note I have done all the below for me and my partners phone)

So I have been speaking with numerous people on the App live chat and they have done the below:

• Got me to reset network settings at least 5 times
  • Checked the postcodes of where we both are and were we go probably about 4 times and told me the areas all have good signal
  • Got me to manually change the APN data 2 times
  • Got told to swap sim cards between our phones to determine if they're faulty or not...they worked so weren't faulty
  • Told by another person their tech support team say the sims are definitely faulty so they have replaced them and the issue has gotten worse.

There is probably more but that's the basic things that are happening and repeating but nothing is solving the issue.

On the live chat also seem to get a few people log onto my chat see my issue, tell me to reset my network settings and I tell them I have already done this and then the disconnect from me and I have to wait for someone else.

I just want a working network.......dont get why our phones disconnect from the internet when they are locked.....was never like this with EE.

0 Kudos