cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch off Parental Controls

kevyg6
Joining in

Trying to switch off the Parental Controls on the app and keep getting an error EC:9999. Tried it on the website and the following message is at the top of the Manage Services Tab: This action cannot be carried out as the Financial Account has a soft lock active. Any help/advice would be much appreciated.

17 REPLIES 17

I was switched to O2 last week and the parental controls are switched off. 

Hi @kevyg6 

Glad to hear that switching to O2 has resolved this issue for you. Please let us know if you are having any further issues or have any questions at all. We'll be here to help on the community forums if needed :). 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Amo98
Joining in

Hi

I’m having the exact same issue and going on holiday tomorrow.

Can someone help me resolve this please?

Thanks! 

jhuk
Trouble shooter

Same as I was told it was due to the swap over to O2 which was 13/14th April for me as I got the Email last week telling me this was happening this refresh.

I can see the price increase for this month's bill (paid 1 month in advance) but still on my old DATA package which had rolled over as per usual but should now be Unlimited.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello Amo98,

Thank you for posting to us here on the Community. 

We are very sorry for any issues you are experiencing with accessing/adjusting your parental controls, 

With others, this issue does appear to be related to the migration to O2 and will resolve once this takes place. 

You should have a communication from ourselves stating when the migration will happen on your account which will enable you to accessing the settings. 

If you have any problem following this date or any questions at all, please do not hesitate to get back in touch. 

Thank you, 

Nat

Louisbott12
Joining in

Hello I am also having This problem 

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums @Louisbott12, and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to hear of the issues with the soft lock on the Mobile account.

Check out the envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me, and I'll be able to look into this for you.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Hi Beckyplum 👋🏼.

Thank you for posting, welcoming you onto our community forum 😊.

Sorry to see you are unable to access certain sites ☹.

So I can investigate further and look into this, I will have to private message you.

Please watch out for the envelope ✉.

Thank you. 

Ari - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide