cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch off Parental Controls

kevyg6
Joining in

Trying to switch off the Parental Controls on the app and keep getting an error EC:9999. Tried it on the website and the following message is at the top of the Manage Services Tab: This action cannot be carried out as the Financial Account has a soft lock active. Any help/advice would be much appreciated.

17 REPLIES 17

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi kevyg6,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community.

Apologies for the issues faced with this, so we can get it investigated further I've dropped you a PM.

The message will appear within the purple envelope icon.

Regards,

Kain

I am also having the same problems. all I want to do is buy a lotto ticket 🙂

Hey OzzyDomestique,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your parental controls, I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but first I would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L

Good luck. 2 weeks since I was told they were waiting to find out how to remove the soft financial lock. If it doesn't fix itself when I'm switched to O2 I'll have to cancel and go elswhere.

Hi @kevyg6 

Thanks for coming back to the thread. I have contacted the colleague dealing with this for you and they'll be in touch when any updates are known. Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

duckh1
Joining in

i too am having this issue. Got my phone number "stolen" a couple of weeks ago and dint realise this was a problem till i tried to change settings and add a new card to my account

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there duckh1,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community.

Apologies for any issues faced with this, can I ask firstly are you receiving an error message when trying to adjust settings?

Also has this been reported to the team?

Regards,

Kain

hi

the message i get is "This action cannot be carried out as the Financial Account has a soft lock active." And i have yet to call up concerning this just thought i would look up the issue first and saw this page

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the response there,

So we can investigate this further I've dropped you a PM.

The message will appear within the purple envelope icon.

Regards,

Kain