Menu
ayjay506
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Swapping my SIM only to a cheaper better tariff

Hi 

I've been on my current SIM only for years but recently swapped to a 5G ready phone and see there's a cheaper 5g SIM only deal on offer for £6 p month - but if I order this it will come with a new number. 

Is there a way to just swap/'upgrade'(?)  to this new deal without having to cancel current contract and the faff of transferring my number ??? 

Many thanks 

Ann 

0 Kudos
ashpole
Up to speed
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Swapping my SIM only to a cheaper better tariff

Hi Ann,

Be aware that with that old SIM you’re probably still on EE’s network, a new 5G SIM will move you over to Vodafone’s network and you might want to check out its coverage in any areas important to you.

Mike
ayjay506
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Mike - Actually think Vodafone has better coverage for my area - apart from the 5g lol

Was hoping to find out if I could change over without any hassle as it's still Virgin!!

Might need to ring sales and ask 

0 Kudos
Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ann, 

Thanks for your post and it's great to hear you're looking at wanting a new deal with us. 

We're not able to arrange these via the Community however give the team a call on 0345 600 0789 and they will be able to help arrange a new deal with new price for you. 

Pop back and let us know how you get on. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

ayjay506
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

• Thanks for info Kath - I will call
  • I didn't think it would be changed in here was just after advice and that I didn't have to cancel and restart with new number 👍🏼
0 Kudos