cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Swapping 2 phone numbers with PAC

JamesElliott
Joining in

I would like to swap my virgin oomph number (currently used by my wife) to another sim but also move my current phone number (on a different SIM) to the virgin sim. 

Is there a way to do this without either closing the virgin account or losing the virgin number permanently? Eg if I did a PAC swap for each at the same time what would happen?

4 REPLIES 4

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You can't PAC Virgin to Virgin. PAC codes only work between 2 different networks 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I only have 1 virgin sim. I want to port that number to a SIM on a different network but at the same time port my non virgin number to the virgin sim.

I have 3 sims. 1 is Lebara 2 is virgin and 3 is 02. I want to move the number from 1 to 2 and 2 to 3. I want to close my Lebara account but not my virgin one. Is this possible?

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

When a PAC is activated the donor account closes so moving 2 to 3 will close the Virgin account there is therefore no account to PAC 1 into.

If you do 1 to 2 and the 2 to 3 it will be 1 that then transfers to 3.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @JamesElliott,

Thank you for your posts and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

If you're transferring a number from one network to another then the SIM card it's initially on will deactivate the moment that the port has been completed. You won't then be able to move another number onto that SIM card. You also wouldn't be able to do simultaneous ports, as these will happen on their own accord in the 24 hour period of the port date. I'd recommend doing them one by one to avoid potentially losing a number, but once a SIM card is deactivated you'll need to order a new one from that provider first to transfer onto.

I hope that helps, but if let us know if you need any further assistance or advice.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!