cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suspicious "Virgin" app - can't uninstall

raggedyrawny
Joining in

Hi,

Just recently spotted an app which I've never seen before, and which suspiciously looks like it's been installed in the last month or so (something I definitely didn't do).  It looks like this:WeirdAppSmall.jpg

Info on the app says it's version 11.  It doesn't appear on the list of apps installed via Google Play, and cannot be uninstalled.

I'm hoping that it's been there all along, and I've just accidentally moved it at some point, but it would be nice if someone could confirm that it's a valid Virgin Mobile app, and if so, what it does (I'm not running it until I know it's safe).

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
  • It's the SIM Toolkit which allows you to change roaming settings etc if you have problems. Can be ignored 

It won't appear in Play

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

1 REPLY 1

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
  • It's the SIM Toolkit which allows you to change roaming settings etc if you have problems. Can be ignored 

It won't appear in Play

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks